Friday, May 6, 2011

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You



Carter, Ally. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. Hyperion: 2006. ISBN:1423100034.

Summary:
Sophomore Cammie Morgan is not your typical teenage girl. Cammie is a Gallagher Girl. She attends the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, which a a cover name for the super secret spy academy that Gallagher really is. Cammie comes by it honestly, her parents were both CIA operatives. Unfortunately, her father was killed on a mission, but, her mother is the headmistress of the academy. With classes like Countries of the World and Covert Operations, the Gallagher Girls are preparing to serve their country and meet danger head on. Meals are for more than just nourishment, each day a different language is spoken from Mandarin to Portuguese. Just when you think things can't get anymore exciting, a new student arrives that might not fit in, but then again, do they really know who she is?

Evaluation:
This is a quick, easy read. Perfect for a plane ride or a trip to the beach. It is great to see strong, able female characters. The books has it's bit of romance, but it is not the main focus and it serves as a learning experience for the characters. Loyalty and friendship are themes that connect with teen readers. The story has a lot of fluff and fun, but reality creeps in and life lessons are learned. This book reminds me of a female-lite version of the Alex Rider series and the cover is a great draw.

Reader's Annotation:
I could kill you in 64 different ways...

Bibliotherapeutic Uses:
Sometimes we all need a break. This book is a great piece of relaxing mind candy.

Genre:
Adventure

Why I Included This Book:
At least 85 % of my TAG teens have recommended this book. I wanted to know what they like and be able to have a conversation with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment